Wednesday, May 02, 2007

7:15 pm Tonight is my 1st ...

What a glorious time we had at Tremont last weekend! Me, Wren, Dick, Joe Cichan, Corinne, Tina, Portia & Jerry Brown. All day hike on Saturday, probably 6 miles or so. From the Finley Can trailhead to Bote Mountain Trail and then to Laurel Falls trail. Most cut away on Dorsey to check for more salamanders, but I stayed on Laurel Falls with 4 others so I culd go to the bookstore. List of things seen in Tremont journal including Pink Ladyslipper and Showy Orchis. On Sunday morning I went Fern Frondling at the Sinks and saw 15 species!

Tonight is my 1st night at the Bean house! I saw a box turtle crossing the road (got out for a close look) and then a wild turkey alongside the road on the way to the house. Then saw another turkey along the driveway! Saw Northern Watersnake at the creek. Many birds calling including common yellowthroat (witchety-witchety) and Wood Thrush. Full moon hike was called off for tonight, but no rain yet this evening. It's so silent here and there's so much to explore. It reminds me of exploring the farms with Chris as a boy. I think I'm going to like this.

No comments: